Follow Maryann235 on Twitter

My God and my Lord:

Eyes are at rest, the stars are setting. Hushed are the movements of birds in their nests, of monsters in the sea; and You are the Just Who knows no change; the Equity that does not swerve, the everlasting that never passes away. The doors of kings are locked now and guarded by their henchmen, but your door is open to all who call upon You. My Lord, each lover is now alone with his beloved. And I am alone with Thee.

--- Huston Smith ---

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

This is Love.....

This is love: to soar towards the heavens,
   every moment, to tear aside a hundred veils.
The first move, to let go of life.
   The last step, to walk without feet.
To regard this world as invisible,
   and to disregard the eye of the self.

'O heart,' I said, "you are blessed
   to enter this circle of lovers,
   to see beyond what eye can see,
   to enter the windings of the breast.
O soul, how did you begin to breathe?
O heart, how did you begin to beat?
O soul-bird, speak the language of birds,
   for I understand your hidden meaning.'

My soul replied, " I was in the Workshop
   the day this house of water and clay was fired.
I was fleeing from the phenomenal world,
   even while it was being created.
When I could resist no more, I was dragged down,
   and, like a ball of clay, I was moulded into form.

      (D 1919:A2:237)

No comments:

Post a Comment