Follow Maryann235 on Twitter

My God and my Lord:

Eyes are at rest, the stars are setting. Hushed are the movements of birds in their nests, of monsters in the sea; and You are the Just Who knows no change; the Equity that does not swerve, the everlasting that never passes away. The doors of kings are locked now and guarded by their henchmen, but your door is open to all who call upon You. My Lord, each lover is now alone with his beloved. And I am alone with Thee.

--- Huston Smith ---

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thoughts of Wonder


The Prophet Abraham grew up among idol worshippers. He sought to find God. He looked at the brightest stars and said, " You are my Lord." Then the full moon came out . It was far bigger and brighter than any of the stars. Abraham looked at the moon and said, "You are my Lord." Then the sun came u, and the moon and stars disappeared. Abraham said, "You are the greatest, You are my Lord." Then night came, and the sun disappeared.
Abraham said, "My Lord if the One who changes things and who brings them back. My Lord is the One who is behind all changes."
--- Sheikh Muzaffer ---

It is said that when you take only one step toward Him, He advances ten steps toward you. Bu the complete truth is that God is always with you.
--- Muhammad ---

One day a dervish came to Attar's Pharmacy. He saw the clutter and display; he smelled he heady scent of herbs and perfumes; then he heaved a deep sigh and began to weep.
Disturbed by such odd sight, Attar asked the dervish to move on.
The Dervish replied, "all right Sir. My load is light, nothing more than this old garment I am wearing. But you, Attar, my heart aches for you! When the time comes for you to depart, how are you giong to carry all these goods?" ---Farzan ---

***
When you see my funeral, don't say, "What a separation!"
It is time for me to visit and meet the Beloved.
Since you have seen my descent, hen do see my rising.
Why complain about the setting of the moon and the sun?
Which seed that went under the earth failed to grow up again? -----Rumi ------

***

No comments:

Post a Comment